PEF Privacy Statement
The Peace Equity Access for Community Empowerment Foundation, Inc. (PEF) protects the data security of our partners and potential partners by complying with the Personal Data (Privacy) Law, and all relevant laws, rules and regulations, and ensure compliance by our staff with strict standards of security and confidentiality.
This website is for general information purpose only. While we use reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, PEF does not warrant its absolute accuracy or accept any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any inaccuracy or omission. Without prior permission from PEF, no information contained on this website may be copied or redistributed.
PEF recognizes its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing or use of personal data. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. You may choose not to provide us with the requested data, but failure to do so may limit our ability to do business with or provide services to you. PEF will not collect any information that identifies you personally through this website unless and until you avail our services or submit personal information for job application purposes.
This website, and our social media platforms are not intended for persons in jurisdictions that restrict the distribution of information by us or use of such social media platforms. If this is applicable to you, we would advise you to inform yourself about and observe the relevant restrictions, and PEF does not accept liability in this respect.
HOW WE COLLECT DATA
PEF will collect and store any information entered on our website, or provided through any other channel. PEF may also obtain lawfully collected personal or non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third parties sources. PEF may also collect some information about your computer or other devices used when you visit this website.
If you make use of any social media features or platforms, either on our website, an application we provide, or otherwise through a social media provider, we may access and collect information about you via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. When using a social media feature, PEF may access and collect information you have chosen to make available and to include in your social media profile or account, including but not limited to your name, gender, birthday, email address, address, location etc. Our access to this information may be limited or blocked based on your privacy settings with the relevant social media provider.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND HOW IT MAY BE USED?
Personal data is collected for the following purposes:
- to process, administer, implement and effect the requests entered on our website or any other documents you may submit to us from time to time;
- to communicate with partners including administrative communications about any account with us or about future changes to this privacy statement;
- for statistical research and other studies undertaken by PEF;
- for data matching, internal business and administrative purposes;
- to assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities and to meet requirements imposed by applicable laws and regulations or other obligations committed to government or regulatory authorities;
- other purposes as notified at the time of collection; and
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
By providing your personal information to us, you accept that PEF may retain your information for as long as necessary, to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it is collected in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. PEF applies reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use including limiting physical access to data within PEF’s systems and encryption of sensitive data when transferring such data. Reasonable steps will be taken to delete or destroy the information when it is no longer necessary for any of the purpose above.
WHO MAY BE PROVIDED WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data will be kept confidential but may, where permitted by law and where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the personal data was collected, provide such personal data to the following parties:
- any staff of PEF that directly provides services to you; and
- government or regulatory bodies or any person to whom PEF must disclose data: (a) under a legal and/or regulatory obligation in that jurisdiction applicable PEF; or (b) pursuant to an agreement between the PEF and the relevant government, regulatory body or other person.
Where permitted by law, your personal data may be provided to any of the above parties who may be located in the Philippines or outside of Philippines. Your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in Philippines or any other jurisdictions where PEF is located, or jurisdictions where a third party contractor is located or from which the third party contractor provides us services. By providing us with your personal information or using our services or our website or applications, you consent to the transfer of such information outside your jurisdiction to our facilities or to those third parties with whom we share it as described above.
ACCESS RIGHTS TO PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to:
- verify whether PEF holds any personal data about you and to access any such data;
- require PEF to correct any personal data relating to you which is inaccurate; and
- enquire about PEF’s policies and practices in relation to personal data.
- access, correction or other queries relating to your personal data
- suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of his or her personal data from PEF’s filing system as allowed by provisions of the data privacy act and its implementing rules and regulations.
- object to the processing of his or her personal data as allowed by the provisions of the data privacy act and its implementing rules and regulations
- For Data Privacy concerns, you may contact
The Data Privacy Officer
Laurinette Alice A. Gonzalez
Peace and Equity Foundation
No. 69 Esteban Abada Street, Loyola Heights
Quezon City, Philippines
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you do not want to receive cookies, you can disable this function in your browser settings. However, by doing so you may not be able to fully enjoy the benefits of our websites and certain features may not work properly.
If any part of this website contains links to other websites, those sites may not operate under this privacy statement. You are advised to check the privacy statements on those websites to understand their policies on the collection, usage, transferal and disclosure of personal data.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
PEF reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to add to, change, update or modify this privacy statement, simply by notifying you of such change, update or modification. If we decide to change our personal data policy, those changes will be notified on our website so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use the information and under what circumstances the information is disclosed. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting.
Should you have any questions on any part of this privacy statement or would like additional information regarding PEF’s data privacy practices please do not hesitate to contact us by the contact details above.